Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Day And Santa's Elves Are Working!

Santa's elves helped me today move furniture into the shop. Getting close to opening, but still have work to do. Next week all the business paperwork will be done and I should have a certificate of occupancy. But for now, I am a happy gal sitting at my desk dreaming of how the shop will come together! A little sneak peak!


I was befuddled about how to place all the furniture when an angel stopped by. Rowann from Antiques In Old Town, right across the street, came to my rescue. She put her hands on her hips, shook her head, declared, "This just won't do!" and had my movers placing furniture in all the right spots. Some days you just can't see the forest for the trees! A big hug of thanks to Rowann!

 Look at that silly painting behind the yellow loveseat. I adore it. Emily and Sandra looking for the perfect eclair. It is the happiest painting I have ever seen!


On a more dignified note - the second room dining table set with gently worn silverplate for a lovely old world shabby elegance. Just the beginning of my table setting.

Much to be done on Monday. I have to get with the city planning department, get my business license, find out about a sign so I can hang out my shingle, and get a final walk through by the fire marshal. Whew.

Can't wait for my first customer mid January so we can sit and drink coffee and chat!


3 comments:

elizabeth said...

How exciting is this! You inspire me!
I hope you and your 6 pups had a peaceful Christmas and I wish you all the best with the shop. you are still coming to NY in Feb.? Annabelle could run the shop in your absence.
Enjoy and let's talk soon.
xx elizabeth

Daisy Jane said...

Drove by your shop today, almost got whiplash when I thought I saw art and writing on your handmade sign! Can't wait till you open. I'm a Lilburn artist/writer looking forward to visiting your shop. Let me know if I can help, I had some things in a previous store next door to you.

Barbara Barth said...

Hi - glad you are excited about the shop. I'd love to chat with you! Planning on events from the shop featuring both artists and writers. Send me an e-mail! bb-bjd@comcast.net Will be open the weekend of Jan. 15th. Barbara, The Little Shop owner!