Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful. Let Us Shop! Let Us Shop!Let Us Shop!


My take on that old Christmas song, Let It Snow! I have to say it is a crazy time to get things done at the shop. It is so cold! Inside and out. Today I bought treasures for resale. I need to buy my electric heaters! Which is next on my things to do.

The weather has been frightful. Even had a few snow flurries the other day. Tomorrow back to the business of getting a shop ready to open in Janurary, but today found me shopping for treasures!

I visited one of my favorite spots, Decatur Estates . I had a small booth and a jewelry case there for many months. After I had my rotator cuff surgery this summer and couldn't keep up my space, I sold my case to the shop. I have been missing it. And missing being in the business.

As I was looking around the shop, I didn't see my old cabinet. When I asked about it, it was in the back room, ready to be put on sale. Well, you know who bought it back.  I love to buy my things back, especially when they have a job to do.

Finding that case was perfect! I have been fretting about how to display jewelry in the shop. There will be vintage Turquoise, my own line of jewelry, and some pieces by other jewelry designers. Now I am relieved. I have a huge, tall, case that will be the perfect spot to highlight the exceptional pieces that will be for sale.

Some of the other treasures found in odd little spots along the way today included an old grey paint chest of drawers, large wood easel, small art deco vanity and vintage folk art animal paintings. My van is so loaded I could barely squeeze in my groceries. Now that is a good haul and, may I say, followed by a fine meal this evening. I did get a few sacks of food tucked in the corners.

It was fun visiting with my old friends at the shop. I always find something wonderful to buy there.  But it was kismet I walked in today just as my old cabinet was going on sale. You never know what any day will bring!

1 comment:

pam said...

Good Luck with the new shop. Can't wait to come see it!